In an effort to personally keep you informed of all of the changes during this COVID-19 crisis, we have compiled a list of Frequently Asked Questions that will help you prepare for your upcoming appointment at Spring Park.
Are you currently seeing patients?
Yes! Per Governor Reynolds mandate on 5/5/2020, all elective procedures may be resumed in dental offices in Iowa on 5/8/2020 provided each office is in compliance with the latest guidelines from the Iowa Dental Board. We are in full compliance with all the guidelines and have added additional safety measures in our office.
Is it safe to visit your office at this time?
Spring Park consistently reviews our Infection Control Protocols to ensure they meet and frequently exceed what is recommended by the CDC. Additionally, we have recently made these changes:
- All team members have agreed to practice social distancing have have their temperature taken each morning to ensure no low-grade fever.
- Our office will ask you some screening questions on the phone and again in person when you arrive for your visit. This includes temperature (<100.4) and review of recent symptoms.
- We have hand sanitizer that we will ask you to use when you enter the office.
- We ask that only patients enter the building. (A guardian is allowed for minors, handicapped, and elderly patients.) Also, everyone entering the building is asked to bring and wear a face covering.
- Patients are asked to wait in their car after check-in to minimize the number of people in the reception area.
- We recently had Gabrilson install Air Scrubber into all of our office central HVAC systems. Air Scrubber uses ultraviolet light to eliminate microbial agents circulating in our office.
- You may see that we no longer have magazines and children’s toys in our reception area, as they are difficult to disinfect.
- Reception and individual treatment areas are separated by closed doors.
- Plexiglass barriers have been installed at our check-in/check-out areas.
- Online patient registration and health history forms are strongly encouraged prior to your first visit. If you are unable to complete this online, please contact our office.
- All team members have been instructed to wear a mask at all times. N95 or KN95 masks are used by each doctor and chairside assistant for surgical procedures.
- Patients are asked to sanitize their hands and use an antiseptic mouth rinse prior to treatment.
- We are practicing high frequency cleaning of all doorknobs, pens, reception and clinical areas.
- Virtual consultations. We now offer “teledentistry” for patients unable to come into the office.
What about my previously scheduled appointment?
If your previous appointment with us was cancelled and we have not already contacted you to reschedule, please contact our office (563-359-1601) to schedule an appointment.